Summer may be slowly coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean we are leaving behind the days of relaxing outside. If you live somewhere that has amazing weather during the fall, you will love this project!
Imagine spending the autumn days lounging back in this super comfortable hanging lounge chair. What would usually cost about $100 you can have for much less! Even better, you can customize it to fit your taste and style.
All you will need for this project is the following:
- Three 1.25″ Oak Dowels (cut down to 30″ long)
- Two 5/8″ Oak Dowels (36″ long)
- 20 ft. of 1/2″ Nylon Rope (rated to hold at least 300 lbs.)
- 100″ x 23″ of Outdoor Fabric (folded in half to be 50″ x 23″)
- Drill and 1/2″ Bit
- #10 x 1 Brass Screws
- Sewing Machine
- Masking Tape
- Measuring Tape
- Safety Goggles
- Optional Stain/Weather Sealant
While this may seem like a project for a pro, the tutorial makes it so easy! Even if you are more of a crafter than a builder, anyone can learn to make these awesome chairs. Check out this video. Give it a try. Enjoy as you sleepily swing from a tree embracing the smooth transition into fall!